Learn from a seasoned ultrasound and emergency medicine board certified emergency physician specializing in the utilization of ultrasound in the outpatient setting for family practice, urgent care and emergency department. In this course you will learn how to perform scan on live models for various case presentations.
- To develop a foundation and integrate the practice of point-of-care ultrasound into clinical practice in an outpatient setting.
- Perform point of care ultrasound for peripheral IV placement, skin/soft tissue evaluation of cellulitis, abscess and foreign body.
- Evaluation of deep vein thrombosis.
- Evaluation of renal colic, specifically for hydronephrosis.
- Ocular assessment for retinal detachment, vitreous hemorrhage, and papilledema.
There is pre-course work associated with this course and post course work to ensure mastery is obtained.
The Full Day Workshop is taught by Dr. Danielle Matilsky and is worth 10 CME credit.
* Order of lectures subject to change
|1||Welcome and Course Introduction||8:00am - 8:15am|
|2||Fundamentals of POCUS||8:15am - 9:00am|
|3||Skin and Soft Tissue||9:00am - 9:20am|
|4||Hands on scan: Soft Tissue US||9:20am - 10:20am|
|5||Break||10:20am - 10:30am|
|6||DVT||10:30am - 11:00am|
|7||Hands on: DVT||11:00am - 12:00pm|
|8||Lunch Break||12:00pm - 1:00pm|
|9||Renal and Bladder||1:00pm - 1:30pm|
|10||Hands on: Renal||1:30pm - 2:30pm|
|11||Ocular||2:30pm - 3:00pm|
|12||IV Placement||3:00pm - 3:30pm|
|13||Hands on: US AND PIV||3:30pm - 5:00pm|
|14||Course Conclusion||5:00pm - 5:30pm|
Check out our previous events
Spring Workshop This workshop is scheduled to take place in Washington DC on March 19, 2020 during the famous cherry blossom season. The workshop will be held at the Embassy Suite Hilton - Convention Center. Click Here to reserve a room at our reduced price.
Winter Workshop TBD