Spend an entire day focusing on learning the approach to reading an EKG like a seasoned Emergency Medicine Physician. As a clinician working in family practice clinics, urgent care, or emergency rooms, you will develop an understanding of which EKG findings can be referred to a specialist the next day and which ones need immediate cardiac intervention. In this course, you will go through several team based exercises on EKG interpretation and learn systematic approaches to reading an EKG in an acute care setting. You will review multiple case presentations and 30+ EKGs on the following:
- Common and life threatening arrhythmia's and heart blocks such as Afib/flutter, SVT, Bundle branch blocks and 2nd/3rd degree heart blocks.
- Various types of EKG presentations in a myocardial infarction depending on the location of the heart affected.
- EKG findings for various disease processes such as electrolyte abnormalities like hyper/hypokalemia, hypothermia, and more.
- EKG findings for various toxicity such as digoxin and TCA toxicity.
- Subtle life threatening EKG findings like pulmonary embolus, ST elevated MI, Brugada Syndrome, deWinters, and more.
- Review on EKG basics such as EKG physiology, axis, voltage and anatomy.
This workshop is associated with pre-course and post course work to ensure mastery is obtained.
This is worth 10 CME credit.